Friday, January 20, 2012

Easy Granola

YUM, yum! This recipe is for me! It is easy to adapt this recipe to fit your personal tastes (I have--many times).

Easy Granola
Originally from Real Simple, April 2010 (modified by me)


4 c. old fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
1 c. sliced almonds
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1/4 c. unsalted green pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and/or sunflower seeds
1/4 c. crushed pecans
2 Tbs. flax seeds
1/2 c. honey (or pure maple syrup)
2 Tbs. canola oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, blueberries, raisins, golden raisins--I use a mix of 3-4 of these)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet (I use the large stoneware bar pan), toss everything but the dried fruit until evenly coated.

Bake, tossing once, for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisp.

Add the dried fruit and toss to combine. Allow to cool. Once cooled, place in an airtight container or ziptop bag. Keeps for about 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment