Friday, June 24, 2011

Clone Trooper cupcakes

My son is into Star Wars. REALLY into Star Wars.

His birthday was a Star Wars theme last year. This year is going to be a sequal.

Last year's cake was a double light saber, with light saber cupcakes for school.




I made R2-D2



and the Millenium Falcon for friends.



This year, his school cupcakes were clone troopers. Thanks to the Clone Wars Encyclopedia, there were 7 different types of troopers adorning 31 cupcakes.



Surprisingly, these cupcakes were not that difficult to make. The base coat was white and all the "eye shields" were the same shape. I just had to add some additional details in different colors to make the different troopers.

Next week, I will be making a Commander Fox cake for his birthday party.

I can't wait to see what next year's cake "order" will be!

2 comments:

  1. How did you add color to the rice krispy treats in the crossed lightsaber 'cake'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added gel food coloring (made by Wilton) into the marshmallow mix before I added the rice crispies. Gel food coloring can be found at most craft stores, i.e. Micheal's, Joann's, and even Walmart.

      Delete