Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Here and Now...

This week is midterms for me. My posts have slowly tapered off as my workload has increased, but someday, sometime, I will add more recipes.

I also hope to have time to sleep soon. For more than 5 hours.

My husband has rescued me from falling asleep with a highlighter in my hand more than once recently.

Sigh. This too shall pass.

My return to school has been a long journey, but I feel like I have learned and grown so much. I am surprised at how I can articulate information about my future job field with confidence and poise. I give reading lessons to 1st/2nd graders in the morning and a grammar lesson to 5th graders in the afternoon. The next day I grade math homework and assist 6th graders in multiplying and dividing fractions. I spend time reading with a very special kiddo.

Then I come home to my family. My loved ones. I love being home with them. And I am happy, content, and ready for another day doing the job I love: teaching.

1 comment: